Kolkata: Students from Kolkata have snatched eight out of the top 10 berths in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, the results for which have been declared today.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board announced the results at 2 pm today and the same has been made available for the examinees to view in www.wbjeeb.in from 4 pm. The examinees can download the rank certificates from www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
The joint entrance for admission to degree courses in engineering, architecture, and pharmacy in the colleges and universities in Bengal was conducted on 22 April this year. The results have been published on the 31st day, which is a marked improvement than the 41 days taken last year.
According to the Board officials, 1,25,075 examinees had written the joint entrance this year and out of them, 1,05,081 have qualified. The break-up for successful boys and girls is 81,724 and 23,357, respectively.
The officials also said that of those who have come out successful, 64 per cent are students from Bengal, 23.3 per cent are from Bihar, 8.2 per cent from Jharkhand, 0.9 per cent from Tripura, and 0.4 per cent are from Assam.
The Board has also announced the date for WBJEE 2019. It will be on 21 April (Sunday) next year.
TOP 10 RANK HOLDERS
- Abhinandan Basu of South Point School Ballygunge Kolkata
- Dedhipya Roy of Hariyana Vidya Mandir Salt Lake Kolkata
- Archisman Roy of DPS Ruby Park Kolkata
- Shuvam Agarwal of St. Thomas Boys School Diamond Harbour Road Kolkata
- Debajyoti Kar of Apeejay School Salt Lake Kolkata
- Naman Biyani of Sri Sri Academy Alipore Kolkata
- Rithik Ganguly of Hem Sheela Model School Durgapur
- Ranajay Midda of Adamas International School Belghoria Kolkata
- Abhishek Shrivastava of St Xavier’s School Ranchi
- Aarushi Bidyanth of Kolkata