Siliguri: TRAIN services between the northeast and rest of the country via north Bengal have been severely affected due to a rail blockade by the Adivasi community at several places in Assam since early this morning.
According to Pranav Jyoti Sharma, chief public relations officer of NF Railway, as many as nine long-distance trains have been cancelled so far and another nine are stranded en route their destinations.
Alipurduar Jn – Kamakhya- Alipurduar Jn Inter City Express and New Bongaigaon – Siliguri – New Bongaigaon DEMU are among the cancelled trains. Among the stranded trains is Howrah – Dibrugarh Kamrup Express and Dibrugarh – Howrah Kamrup Express.
The rail blockade, which is being staged under the banner of Adibasi National Convention Committee demanding SC status to the community, may lead to further disruption in the train services in north Bengal and the northeast, Sharma added.
List of Stranded Trains:
- 22501 Bangalore – New Tinsukia Express controlled at Kamakhyaguri.
- 15959 Howrah – Dibrugarh Kamrup Express controlled at New Coochbehar.
- 13247 Kamakhya – Rajendranagar Capital Express controlled at New Bongaigaon.
- 15621 Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Express controlled at Goalpara Town.
- 12423 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Rajdhani Express controlled at New Bongaigaon.
- 12514 Guwahati – Secunderabad Express controlled at Bongaigaon.
- 12087 Naharlagun – Guwahati Shatabdi Express controlled at Rangapara North.
- 15960 Dibrugarh – Howrah Kamrup Express will be controlled at Barpeta Road.
- 12505 Guwahati – Anand Vihar North East Express will be controlled at Rangiya.
List of Cancelled Trains:
- 55721 / 55722 Rangiya – Dekargaon – Rangiya passenger will remain cancelled.
- 55719 / 55720 Dekargaon – Bhalukpong – Dekargaon passenger will remain cancelled.
- 55861 / 55862 Dekargaon – Rangiya- Dekargaon passenger will remain cancelled
- 15816 / 15815 Dekargaon – Kamakhya- Dekargaon Inter City will remain cancelled
- 55893 / 55894 Rangapara – Rangiya- Rangapara passenger will remain cancelled
- 15771 / 15772 Alipurduar Jn – Kamakhya- Alipurduar Jn Inter City will remain cancelled
- 55812 / 55811 Dhubri – Kamakhya- Dhubri passenger will remain cancelled
- 07526 / 07525 New Bongaigaon – Siliguri – New Bongaigaon DEMU will remain cancelled
- 55895 Rangiya – Murkongselek passenger will originate from Rangapara North.