By a Newsman
Asansol, 31 August: EVEN after the lapse of 48-hours since a high-intensity blast killed a man and injured two at a house in Gafulia village in Katwa, Burdwan, the Bengal police are yet to find a trace of the house owner Julu Rehman.
Rehman went hiding with his family, three sons, three daughter-in-laws and a grandson ever since the blast blew off the terrace of his two-storey house on 29 August night.
On Monday, his neighbour Younis Molla lodged a complaint with the Katwa police alleging that Rehman had threatened him on Friday to forcibly occupy a 20 cottah plot of land. Molla alleged that Rehman was getting the bombs manufactured in his house to attack him.
Molla and Reham had been locked in a legal dispute over the ownership of the plot since 1962 but a court recently gave a ruling in Molla’s favour, he told police.
Local residents however said that Rehman’s house has been serving as a den of anti-social elements in the area for over the past few years now. Bomb making has been going on there for quite some time and Rehman used to sell them to mysterious buyers from outside, they told police.