A+ A-

By A Newsman

Siliguri, 05 August: A trader has died of electrocution at the busy Bidhan Market in Siliguri. The incident took place around 12 today noon.

Police said that Debasis Saha (30) used to run a small shop selling betel leaf and stationary items at Bidhan Market’s Murgihati area. Saha was dusting his shop when he came in contact with the refrigerator in which he stored betel leaves, cold drinks, and chocolates, and started screaming for help.

Other shopkeepers rushed in to realise that he had suffered an electric shock. They at once switched off the main power switch of the shop and then rushed Saha to the Siliguri Hospital in an unconscious state. Doctors declared the trader brought dead.

Police said that due to some malfunctioning, power was leaking onto the refrigerator. Hence, as soon as the trader touched it, de got electrocuted. The incident has brought a pall of gloom on the fellow traders.

Comments