A+ A-

Hooghly: Three children got electrocuted after an overhead electric cable snapped on them this morning. All the three children are now hospitalised, and the condition of two of them are critical.

The mishap took place at Locopara area at Mogra in Hooghly district. The three kids, all boys, were running along an aisle on a paddy filed in their village in the morning when an overhead electric cable snapped over them.

The trio ~ Md Sahid (7), Mafirul Sheikh (9), and Farhan Ansari (8) ~ at once collapsed on the paddy field and white fluid started oozing from their mouth. Some villagers spotted them while passing through the area and rushed them to Chinsurah District Hospital.

The three kids are now admitted to the burn ward of the hospital. Doctors said that the condition of two of them is fragile. Due to this, the two have been referred to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata.

Comments