Kolkata, 17 September: ELECTION Commission of India (ECI) has extended the deadline for the on-going annual summary revision of voters’ list in West Bengal by 10 days.
The summary revision, under which names are being enrolled of new voters turning 18-years on 1 January 2016, will now continue until 28 September instead of the previous deadline was to end on 18 September.
“We have received the ECI order last night and the same has been communicated today to the districts and all the recognised political parties in the state,” Bengal chief electoral officer (CEO) Sunil Kumar Gupta said Thursday afternoon.
The ECI move comes after during an all-party meeting convened by the Bengal CEO on 20 August, all the political parties had unanimously requested that roll the revision should be carried out for 30 days as had been done in the previous years.
Now, after the revision exercise closes on 28 September, the revised voters list in West Bengal will be publish on 05 January 2016.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Those willing to get his / her name included in the voters’ list or transfer name from one Assembly segment to another shall have to apply in Form 6.
- A person living overseas but having an Indian passport will have to apply in Form 6A for inclusion of name in voters’ list.
- To modify or correction of an existing name, application is needed to be submitted in Form 8.
- To transfer name from one polling booth to another in the same Assembly segment, application shall have to be filed in Form 8A.
- To record objection as regards fake or fictitious names in the draft voters list, one shall have to apply in Form 7.
These forms are available free to download on www.ceowestbengal.nic.in and one can submit a filled up form to the polling both nearest to one’s residence during working hours until 28 September.
The CEO’s office is running a toll free help line 1950, to assist people with all sorts of queries as regards voters’ list and voter card.